Over the years, the demand for Halal certified products has increased dramatically. The global market in Halal is estimated to be valued in excess of £230bn. The UK market alone is valued between £4.2bn - £5bn.
Muslims in the UK who number approximately 3% of the population (2.5m people) consume 20% of all meat!. For Muslims, there is no choice but to consume Halal, which is a central tenant of Faith. With the growing awareness on the issues of Halal, consumers are looking for additional assurance before consuming meat – they are looking for suppliers to be certified by an independent organisation who has authenticated the meat as Halal.
Also many Muslim Countries including Malaysia, United Arab Emirate and Saudi Arabia will only accept export meat which has undergone a rigid vetting procedure.
Numerous companies continue to choose the HMC Halal certification, whilst enjoying the marketing privileges strictly verified meat offers.
Benefits of HMC Certification
- HMC certified products are accepted by all Muslim communities (our standards do not include stunning and mechanical slaughter)
- HMC certification gives Muslim customers the ‘peace of mind’ that they seek
- HMC outlet owners see increase footfall and sales as a result of certification (they seek the direct benefits of Trust that consumers seek)
- HMC provides access to the vast potential of Halal market on a global scale
- HMC's unique inspection and monitoring process provides export opportunities to the global market, comprising of approximately 1.6 billion Muslim consumers
- HMC monitoring system complies with UK Law and all health, safety and hygiene practices.